December Newsletter: Year End Reflections
December is a great time to review accomplishments for this year. My goals in January 2015 were my 3 F's: 1) Ensure a "Friendly" tax agency; 2) Make sure everyone pays their "Fair" share of taxes; 3) "Fix" issues administratively or through the Legislative process. I believe we have accomplished much in the above three areas.
Here are some of our accomplishments this year:
- Visited all 23 counties in District 2 and met with/spoke to county Assessor's and other local elected officials, Chambers of Commerces, Rotaries and Farm Bureaus
- Visited all 6 SBOE district offices and got involved in various monthly department meetings
- Hosted 11 free small business/non-profit/veterans seminars serving over 2,500 attendees
- Visited the SBOE New York office
- Conducted industry seminars and created publications for easier access and navigation of SBOE resources
- Led District Audit and Compliance staff to work collectively across District 2 to reduce collection accounts and increase voluntary compliance
- Sent out monthly e-newsletters to educate and alert constituents about upcoming events, deadlines, available resources, hot topics, tax tips, scams and more
It's been a pleasure serving you. As always, if I can be of service, please feel free to call me and members of my team at 1-415-557-3000 or email me at email@example.com. Hope you enjoy mynewsletter. We look forward to hearing from you. I wish you all a safe and happy holiday season!
In Peace and Friendship,
FIONA MA, CPA,